Quinta do Crasto, S.A. is a Portuguese company dedicated to Douro and Port wine production. Its headquarters is in Gouvinhas, in the municipality of Sabrosa in Northern Portugal. This is the heart of the Douro Valley, the first demarcated and regulated wine region in the world, recognised as a World Heritage site by UNESCO in 2001. Quinta do Crasto benefits from exceptional conditions for producing wines and olive oils of the highest possible quality.
Each year, Quinta do Crasto produces around 1,500,000 bottles of Douro and Port wines. Fourty per cent is sold domestically and the rest is exported for 54 markets worldwide, on all continents.
In the last years, Quinta do Crasto has launched practically one new wine per year:
– Crasto Superior White, a Douro DOC wine, the first wine to benefit from a pioneering and innovative system in Portugal that allows to perform operations of bâtonnage without oxygen incorporation, came out in 2014;
– Crasto Superior Syrah, a Regional Duriense wine, fruit of innovation that was crafted to conquer new international markets, in 2015;
– The release of Quinta do Crasto Colheita Port to increase the Port wines offer, which has received the highest international recognitions, in 2016;
– In 2017, Quinta do Crasto released a new Douro DOC wine, Crasto Rosé, with excellent aromatic freshness and a complement to the Crasto range;
– In 2018, it launched two commemorative wines in special and limited editions, HONORE Port, which celebrates the four hundred years of the quinta’s history (1615-2015), a very old Tawny Port with more than 100 years old, and HONORE Douro DOC, a commemoration of the centenary of the acquisition and refoundation of Quinta do Crasto by Constantino de Almeida (1918-2018), a unique wine that integrates the two most emblematic vineyards of Quinta do Crasto;
– In 2019, it launched Quinta do Crasto Touriga Franca that came to increase the range of monovarietal wines;
– In 2021, Quinta do Crasto launched Crasto Altitude 430, a wine with a differentiating profile, the result of the research and innovation work carried out by the Quinta do Crasto Viticulture and Wine Making teams, aimed at exploring the potential of the region’s many indigenous varieties of the Douro;
– In 2023, Quinta do Crasto launched two new Tawny Ports – 10 Year Old and 20 Year Old – made from a rigorous selection of different Port wines from the finest vineyards. This blends offers great complexity from older wines, while the younger wines bring fresh fruit aromas and a vibrant acidity.
In addition to wines, Quinta do Crasto also produces 65,000 bottles of extra virgin olive oil yearly from its own organic olive groves in the area of Cima Corgo (the Quinta do Crasto olive grove from which 15,000 bottles of Quinta do Crasto Premium are produced) and Douro Superior (the Quinta da Cabreira olive grove from which 50,000 bottles of Quinta do Crasto Selection are produced).
Quinta do Crasto stands hands above the domestic market in terms of tourism as well. Not only do visitors get to enjoy tastings of exceptional quality wines that are offered with a service that is highly personalised, but all of this takes place nestled within a landscape of unsurpassed beauty on the right bank of the Douro River. Quinta do Crasto is an estate that simply cannot be missed by those hoping to enjoy the Portuguese wine country.
For the 5th consecutive year, Quinta do Crasto is featured in the Top 20 of the World’s Best Vineyards, having been awarded the 15th place in the 2023 edition and once again leading the ranking of Portuguese wineries.
Annually, Quinta do Crasto welcomes around 7,000 visitors, mostly from Brazil and Europe. In 2023, TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site, awarded the estate for the ninth consecutive year with its Certificate of Excellence (Travelers’ Choice).
Considerable investment has been made over recent years at Quinta do Crasto to modernise the vineyards and winery facilities so as to ensure the production of high quality wines, year after year.
Each of these developments, allied with the passion of an entire team dedicated to seeking out the highest possible quality in wine and other products, have contributed to Quinta do Crasto’s growing national and international reputation.